Hello! So have you been busy writing this past week or have you been too busy getting the kids ready for the first day back to school? Do you need some inspiration or a prompt to get your creativity flowing? Yes? Good! I have a whole list of writing prompts just for you. Take a few minutes, consider where these prompts will lead you then write on!
Week of August 26th to September 1st, 2013.
- Little did John know the panther was just yards away, watching his every move.
- A straight line and a curved line argue which one is more useful.
- An unknown person from Egypt sends you a box containing a rock etched with hieroglyphics.
- One day, your dog starts talking to you.
- Right before she dies, your mother tells you you’re adopted.
- He raised his goblet: “Cheers! Here’s to Love!” Then she quipped back, “Define Love.”
- Write about the smallest insect you’ve ever seen.
- A frozen pond in the middle of the desert catches the attention of scientists from around the world.
- You’re in a log cabin deep in the woods. No utilities. Lake plentiful with fish and a prehistoric animal…
- You just discovered the reason your adopted son is so disruptive of every aspect of family life: Attachment Disorder. What now?
- “Your name will be in lights, kiddo!” said D. W. Griffith to Mary Pickford.
- A day after you submit your thesis, you get a call from the Director of the CIA or CSIS/CSEC.
- Write about the life of a box of Lime Jello.
- Now you know the reason your neighbor has been sitting in his yard, looking at his shed and brooding.
- If you could get a job in any occupation, what would you do for a living?
- Add a dab of this, a dribble of that and stir. Within seconds, you’ll have…
- The commercials said the shampoo would make my hair grow strong. I didn’t expect…
- I don’t usually read the end of a book first, but this time I just had to know!
- A for-hire corporate spy has stolen a flash-drive with sensitive information on it. He must transfer it to his employer within the next week because…
- A ring is found with an intriguing inscription inside.
- Pick a marketing slogan and use it in a poem or short-story.
- You are being driven around by the worst driver ever.
- The calendar says March 10th, but the last day you remember is March 1st.
- A stop at the pub on the way home changed his destiny.
- A circle, a square and a triangle…
- When her cell phone rings, they think nothing of it. But when his rings too…
- “Couldn’t you hear me knocking?” she asked. “Uh, no… I was… “
- The cup tipped over, spilling its contents onto her mobile phone, which was the only remaining connection to the outside world.
- If life is a TV channel, I’m currently on…
Prompts gathered from Writing.com.