- Your new hot tub looks like a spaceship with all the buttons, lights and other gadgets – oh and it can fly…
- A diver’s underwater camera records an unusual event with strange creatures…
- Fifteen years after a toxic spill in a small town, strange things are now happening…
- Write down thirty words that describe your life. But use them to create a poem about something other than your life.
- While visiting a senile relative in a nursing home, you discover that it’s haunted by the residents who have previously died there…
- Pulling the file from the cabinet, images rushed through his/her head. He/she opened the file and re-read the report. It was something he/she had hoped to forget…
- He/she screamed, “don’t touch that soap!” but the warning came too late.
- After your workout at the gym you open your locker to find a note with the world, “HELP!” scribbled on it.
- Write about the letter X or your favourite letter.
- Consider a volcano and the changes it goes through over its lifetime. Write a poem about its experiences.
- You are a guest at a wedding when two family members start an argument during the ceremony.
- Find a word/term at the Urban Dictionary or invent one. Write about it, what it means, and/or how you came up with it.
- Imagine a radio station on another planet. Write about it… Include things like its name, call letters, DJ staff, play lists, etc.
- Think of a movie quote and then write new dialogue around it. Here is a list of the top fifty funniest movie quotes to get you started: 50 Funniest Movie Quotes Note: 18+ Some of the quotes may be offensive to younger audiences – Please use discretion. BWC is only for 18+ adults.
- Think about the last time you traveled to a different province, state or country and write about some part of the trip.