- Paint splattered on a canvas… Think Jackson Pollock.
- “Funny colored hat, crazy shoes, weird handbag, and dazzling hair – I’m so ready for this interview!” you think to yourself…
- A couple helicopter to a remote island for a romantic dinner and end up being forgotten in an oncoming tropical storm.
- Write a story in which exactly five different things go ‘click’.
- At Target‘s customer service counter you plead with the representative, “It’s a package deal? What if I just want the package without the deal, or the deal without the package?”
- Close your eyes, spin yourself around, then with your eyes still closed, point to something. Open your eyes and write about what you’ve pointed to.
- Write a love poem from the perspective of a pirate writing to the woman he loves. Think kim dotcom and his wife with his dots (children) :p
- An old man finds a coin that reminds him of a special day from his youth.
- The bridegroom insists he wants to wear lime-green socks at his wedding, to match his tie. You have to buy the socks for him.
- Write a poem about the number three.
- A detective constable and his/her cat communicate telepathically while they try to stop the criminals from taking over the pet food industry.
- Read the story of Matt DeHart at National Post, here then use these four words in a fictional story that resolves his plight: Hacker – Creeper – Soldier – Spy. (Additional information about Anonymous may be found here at Wikipedia too.)
- You are a Roman gladiator in a strange arena and the lions are…
- Two males pick up a female hitchhiker who makes their lives very difficult.
- What I know about myself is…
- An Apple employee dies during a secret business meeting in Beijing, People’s Republic of China where he had gone to investigate new malware called, WireLurker.
- You’re a famous YouTuber on YouTube. You’ve just said, “That’s it for this edition about gaming” (or substitute this topic for another if you wish) when something happens…
- Blue cheese or bleu cheese?
Prompts from: Apple Apps Store, Writing Prompts by 21 x 20 Media, Inc. Download with iTunes here. And from Writing.com. With grammar and typos of prompts corrected, copy-edited and tweaked for relevance.