- You die, only to find that heaven is only hell.
- What do you see on the other side of the door when you look through a peephole?
- A druid finds an ill elf in the crook of a tree.
- Force a relationship between two seemingly different things. For example: How is friendship like a baseball game?
- A dire warning about the end of the world appears on a computer screen during your Internet search for Nostradamus.
- “You need three hats for a one-day outing, why?!”
- Write a short dialogue between two political candidates about an issue you care absolutely nothing about.
- If we get to the garage first…
- Write about a world where 1+1 does not equal 2.
- While climbing a mountain in the Himalayas, one climber falls into a ravine and dies, and the rest of the group…
- Your dream job becomes a nightmare.
- She/he climbed the tree to get a better view, but what she/he saw frightened her/him even more.
- “Pick a card, any card!” The magician held the deck out. Cautiously, a member of the audience began to pull a card…
- You are elected the mayor of a town you are visiting, but you don’t know the language spoken there.
- An old friend finds you on a social networking site.
Prompts from: Apple Apps Store, Writing Prompts by 21 x 20 Media, Inc. Download with iTunes here and from Writing.com. With grammar and typos of prompts corrected, copy-edited and tweaked for relevance.