- Write a short piece about your most vivid childhood memory.
- An amateur tight-rope walker and a dance instructor join forces in the holding cell of a local jail.
- Attention shoppers! There is a blue light special on wedding rings at aisle 10!
- Pick a random person that you know and use their name for an acrostic.
- Ha ha, I got revenge, years later, for that prank you pulled on me!
- Write about something that happened to you recently, without using the words ‘me’ ‘myself’ ‘mine’ ‘my’ or ‘I’
- If life is a TV channel, I’m currently on…
- Write about the number 13.
- You are watering your plants, when you hear a voice whispering your name. There is no one around.
- If you are going to feed the ostrich, here’s what you have to remember…
Prompts from: Apple Apps Store, Writing Prompts by 21 x 20 Media, Inc. Download with iTunes here and from Writing.com. With grammar and typos of prompts corrected, copy-edited and tweaked for relevance.