From one of the editors of a new Chicken Soup for the Soul books:
EXCITING NEWS!Because you are receiving this you are in my e-mail address book as someone I’ve had contact with over the years – perhaps through Chicken Soup for the Soul, or from any one of a number of different ventures.Regardless of how I know you, I’m very excited to announce that I’ve just been invited to co-author a brand new Canadian title, Chicken Soup for the Soul O Canada The Wonders of Winter!The reason for my message today? We’re looking for stories from people just like you, who might enjoy being published in a Chicken Soup for the Soul book. We want true stories, 1200 words or less, about how you embraced and made the most of challenging or amusing winter situations. Here are some examples of topics, but we know you can think of many more:
- The support of family during the long cold months
- Friendships created out of the cold days and long nights
- Driving in the winter
- Dressing for the weather
- The back-yard skating rink!
- Winter sports: Hockey, curling, ice fishing, skiing, tobogganing, skating etc.
- Best winter foods and events
- Shovelling the driveway; de-icing the car, travelling in the winter.
- Christmas and holiday traditions
- HockeyBecause this book will be released in time for Christmas 2013, the deadline for stories is July 10. For writers guidelines and how to submit your story visit www.canadiansoul.com. I wish you great success with your writing, and I really hope to hear from you!Love to you,Janet MatthewsCo-author ofChicken Soup for the Canadian Soul