Holiday Writing Prompts 🙂
40 Holiday Writing Prompts For Everyone:
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas:
-Describe how the Grinch changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story.
-How would you help the Grinch if you were a Who in Who-ville?
A Christmas Carol:
-Describe how Ebenezer Scrooge changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story.
-How would you help Ebenezer?
- Write a Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa acrostic poem
- Rudolph’s nose was green!
- The gingerbread man jumped out of the oven and…
- Write about a wonderful Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa memory.
- Off in the distance, I heard the sound of sleigh bells…
- Off in the distance, I saw the flickering light of candles…
- Describe your most entertaining Dreidel playing experience.
- Write about one of your family’s holiday traditions. Describe it in detail, tell how you feel about it, and what this tradition means to you.
View original post 561 more words
Hey, everybody! Join us for Word Up’s next event @ Unity Market Cafe & Studios. We’ll start at the usual 7 pm and feature one or two guest authors, followed by the ever-popular and always inspiring open mic.
Word Up – Thursday, November 10th, 2016
Claudio Gaudio is a Toronto based writer born in Calabria, who studied literature and philosophy at York University. His work has been published in ELQ (Exile Literary Quarterly), Geist and Rampike. An excerpt from his forthcoming novel will appear in A Second Coming: Canadian Migration Fiction this Fall (Guernica Editions), and a portion of his novel Texas is being translated by Francesco Loriggio to be included in an anthology of Italian-Canadian writers (Rubbettino Editore).
Check out videos and articles from Indie Author Fest 2016:
Do you use Scrivener to get your writing done or want to learn how to get the most out of what the software has to offer, then check out this training video: https://vimeo.com/132983281
There’s a self-publishing event taking place online right now. Free access to the seminars for a few days or you can pay for a membership: http://self-publishingschool.com/s/summit/
From the Prez:
Just a reminder that there will be no meeting tonight due to the Victoria Day Weekend holiday. Please enjoy what’s left of a fabulous weekend.
Evie Klein Whittingham
See everyone next Monday!